Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tower of London & Harrod's horror

Last day in London today. First stop was the Tower of London. This place is amazing. I highly recommend taking the free tour if you go. It was fantastic. We had a lovely beef eater called Mark.



He was both informative and entertaining. There is so much history here, I wish I had paid attention at school. We got to the see the resting place of Anne Burline (sorry about the spelling). We got to see some of the crown jewels and let me say it is hard to imagine that they are real.

There is a myth here that they have to keep 6 raven's on site at all times. If they don't then the white tower will collapse and the monarch will disappear. Here is one of them. They are huge.




Marty got out today but the rest of the guys were so tied from the last few days that they had to have a rest.



I tried on one of the helmets on and let me say you would need a really really thick neck to hold up these bloody things.



As we were close to home we headed back after 3hours to have some lunch and have a short break and then head out to have a look at Harrods.

Harrod's
I don't get it. I know I am a consumer looser. I don't like to spend that much money and I am not into clothes shopping at all. Maybe handbags (i get that) so we got to Harrods and there were so many people. I mean it was hard to move type crowded. I was going to buy anna a little present from here (a little westie dog coin bag but it would have taken me 1hr just to pay for the thing. Sorry anna, have decided you will get something either from paris or Italy. Your choice. So we had a quick look at the other floors and got out of there quick smart.

Matt and Cass we got out of there without anything apart from no clue as to why people love this store.

We headed home and well on the way home finally found a pub open. I have taken a liking to Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer. It is thirst quenching and well yummy. Leonie you can have your pims if I can have my Crabbies.

We have loved London. The accommodation we stayed in has been awesome and the location is excellent. My only recommendation is perhaps don't come over the Christmas break as a lot of the city and public transport close down.

Thank Matt and Cass for an awesome day it was great, thanks London for showing us a great time.

Tomorrow we head off to Bath.


Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:London, England

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if we can get Crabbies here? That can be an assignment for us when you get back!

    PS, I am enjoying that every post you make involves a pub somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mon and Brett,

    Glad you had such a good time in London, and Cass is extremely proud of you for making it to Primark!! We head back to Bris tomorrow! Very sad to go home, it has been a great trip. Hope Bath, Padstow, Rick Stein, Paris, Italy and everywhere else! We look forward to seeing you when you get back to hear about your adventures. Take care and go well, love Matt and Cass

    ReplyDelete