Thursday, March 1, 2012

Free no homework but we will be tested - 1 March


As the time marches on for us it is one day away from finishing our course. Yes I know more but I have to try and remember it all. To top it all off apparently tomorrow we have an exam. Now I am not to worried about it but I just hope that I will be better than when I started.

It has been an awesome time here and I think we will both be sad to leave but also at the same time looking forward to moving on. As this was our second last day in school and tomorrow is exam day we had no homework. That was such a nice feeling. Brett and I went to lunch to Terra Terra again as a last goodbye. Again the food was nice and we even got a free italian lesson thrown in. We got there about 1:30 and I think we left about 3:30. We had a shared crostini for starters and then i had ravioli with a very yummy sauce. Brett had pasta with wild boar ragu. Oh yummy.

To finish we had a salad with apples/walnuts rocket and grated cheese. We had heard about this liquor you drink after food called Mirot. So we tried it and it was fab. The name in english is Mrytle. So it sort of reminded me of home.

We then ended up staying and talking to Suzi our waitress who was so lovely but so funny. We were talking about learning english (her) and learning italian (us). It was like having another lesson but with great food.

We went back to the school for a fellini movie which thank god had subtitles (in italian). So we could understand (90%) the movie which is always great. The usual gang were there so we went for a coffee (or in my case proseccio) at the local cafe across the road. This place is awesome. I think they realise that they have a great market with all the students and they make an effort. When you walk in they remember who you are and what you like.

We were there for about an 1hr talking about Brians new apartment (he is coming back to study for 11 weeks). He is an artist an is going to do a course here in Florence for 11 weeks. Lucky bugger. He found this apartment and he has a room for that time.

http://www.briansmythpaintings.com

After we all had a drink and a chat it was off home for a late dinner of pizza and a wine. It was time to study for tomorrow.



Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Piazza del Duomo,Florence,Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment