Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Woman's day - 8th March 2012

Apparently, thanks to my friend Fiona I know today is International Women's Day. There should of been a whole heap of people handing out wattle. I know wattle right. I thought this plant/flower was only in Australia but no it is everywhere. Unfortunately it wasn't anywhere we were today.

It was a blue sky, sun shining kinda day so we headed off to Greve in Chianti. So onto the freeway, some map reading and I must say I am getting better at this. I think we took the longest way possible but the scenery was beautiful. We had a few u turns and down the wrong way but made it there in time to stroll the streets, check out the famous meat store and buy some famous steak and pork products. We are having the steak for tea and the salami /meats tomorrow with cheese and bread.

Lunch was in a little ristorante and we had papadelle con wild boar sauce. Yummy.











I was sitting on the steps at the house with the sun shining and it was so lovely, I was reading one of my italian books and just enjoying the sun. It is so nice to sit there and just enjoy it. So you know sitting in the sun makes you sleepy so off for an afternoon nap.

I think tomorrow we will have a day at home and I am hoping that the sun shines for us tomorrow so we can sit around and just enjoy it. I know it is hard this realxing and just sitting around but well someone has to do it. I am writing this as Brett starts to cook our bisteca florentine and roast veggies.

I think we want a new oven when we get home, this whole fan forced thing is awesome, if anyone has any suggestions for a great stove/oven would love to hear about it when I get home.

Here is the view up to our house. Julie the kitchen was waiting for you and let me say you would have loved it here. Not that the rest of you would't mind it either.




Questo tempo qui a Tuscany e bellisima. La casa é perfetto. Ogni giorno proviamo guidare la macchina. Siamo andati a Montepulciano, Monticiano, Greve in Chianti e altra cittadini.

Ogni giorno proviamo leggere qualcosa in italiano and guardare la tv. Ci manche le classe italiano ma i nostri amici ritornano casa e il tempo ha cambiato.



Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Somewhere in Tuscany

No comments:

Post a Comment