Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday- Wednesday 12 - 14 March 2012

The days here are starting to get warmer. Apparently spring is just around the corner and the change in weather has been awesome for us. Everyday is sunny wtih endless blue skies, over rolling green/white/brown hills. How quickly can we return.

Monday we stayed at home, went shopping for more wine and food and returned home to eat and drink and read. It is interesting because as we get closer to coming home we both think more of home and less of here. We are approaching that time where you are crossing over into the space of just before. Just before you leave, just before you return home and to your old life. Where you are here but also there. I am looking forward to seeing Audry and all my friends and family but I wish it wasnt so far away otherwise we might come back for a month or so. Might have to come back next year.

Tuesday
Tuesday we went off to Siena for a few hours. We found Siena ok and after one wrong turn we some how found a really good car park (by accident might I say). Parked and wandered around town. It is such a lovely place and it was nice to be back. We found somewhere to eat but it wasn't open till 12 so we headed to find the wine enoteca that has a lot of wines. It wasn't open till 12 either so well back to wandering the streets. I found an irish pub that had wifi but you guessed it, it didnt open till 12 either. So we dumped the restaurant went to the wine bar and had a taste of two wines and had some meats and cheeses for lunch. We stopped off at the irish bar so I could at least post the blogs. So at least they are up to date. I didn't have time to check out the new release of the ipad 3. Will have to wait now until we are in Modena. We will be staying there for a few days after here and then we head up to Lake Como.

We found the car again, always a bonus and headed home. We somehow found our way out of the main part of city, back onto the road home. We were home in time for some more sitting in the sun and relaxing. It is so funny as I actully have a pair of shorts with me by luck. When we arrived in London many months ago I was looking for something in my bag and right at the back I found my shorts that I thought that I had lost. I dont know why they were in the bag but they are now coming in handy. I can sit on the steps in the sun. However I have realised that I will be brown only on one side. Which will look funny I am sure but it is just nice to be warm again. I have never been so cold. Not even when we go skiing have I been that cold. At least with skiing you know it is for a short time and normally your accomoodation is warm as well. However here they like to save power and not use heaters etc that much so everywhere is cold. So might I suggest to anyone thinking of travelling to europe in winter either don't or make sure you have heaps of warm clothes. I thought I had enough but no I ended up buying a jumper which now I have to bring home but it was so worth it.

Wednesday
I have finally found the rolling green hills of Tuscany that I have been looking for. I am sitting on the bed looking out the arched windows onto the hills and padocks of Tuscany with the background talk of the neigbhours and gardening activities. They are here for the day to work in the garden getting it ready for spring and summer. The hills are green, brown, dark brown and white. I am going to try and get some more photo before we leave but they never seem to do the landscape justice.

The views from the bedroom window and house.

















Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Somewhere in Tuscany

No comments:

Post a Comment