Sunday, February 5, 2012

Roma is closed

This is a once in 30 years but Rome was closed today. No public transport no traffic, no nothing. Most shops were closed. After lunch they got some of the buses going and we were able to go out and get some shots for all of you so you can see Rome in the snow.

It was absolutely amazing and very cold. I thought I had waterproof boots but no they arent that waterproof. So by lunch time I had frost bite well maybe not frost bite but they were starting to lose feeling. Not good but I soldiered on. Lunch was not bad but not great. Although I had polenta with pork sausages perfect for the weather. Back to apartment so I could warm my feet.

So for all of you not lucky enough to be here when Rome shut down and snowed.
























I love the next shot as well if you were missing your balls I found them.
Because of the weather and the rain and overflow here are your balls.



Brett says that the italians must be good at soccer cause here are all their balls.

Marty didn't make it out but Hooter being a snow owl had to come out.










I had a bit of a moment today as all the transport was closed, there were some trains getting through but there was no information. This was interesting to watch. They had the biggest line up at the information desk at the main train station and a simple sign up to say there were delays and they didn't know how long maybe there wouldn't have been such a big cue. I mean
we don't do it better but just a sign.

Last night in Rome across to the restaurant and more practicing of italian.



Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Rome, Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment