Friday, February 3, 2012

Snowing in Roma

It was an early start today, we wanted to revisit all of the official sites with the guys so they could get their photos taken. They did but again until this blog thing is fixed no photos. I am putting some up on Facebook but not all of you have access. Sorry.
So the hotel is great, breakfast great for a rome hotel. It rained most of the morning. Brett was almost a victim of pick pocket. I know I can hear you anna. I had warned him that he should wear his bag on the inside of his jacket and we were standing at the station. It wasnt so crowded and this chick came up and pushed in front of me and I thought oh well she must be in a hurry.
The train pulled up and we got on and then she pushed her way near Brett, the train wasnt crowded, by this time we were both thinking this was sort of weird. Brett stood his ground and pushed back a bit and then just as the doors were about to close she jumped off. Brett checked and his litle man bag had tried to be opened so then he put it under his jacket. I mean like you can all hear me saying I told you so. THis made us a bit more aware of our surroundings and you cant trust anyone. Although brett must look trust worthy as several people at the colosuem aske him to take their photos. I could have gotten some really good cameras.
The guys got out today and got well a little wet but here they are.












To show you all that Brett and I were with them and they weren't travelling by themselves.




We walked around for a bit but by this stage it is very wet and very cold. It was trying to snow but more sleet than anything. We were going to head back to the apartment and check out where to eat. I had remembed there was a place we at and loved last time near the train station so we headed there instead.




By this stage it was snowing, like really big snow flakes it was awesome. We had a lovely lunch, more wine than we should have. I mean what else where we going to do with the weather like that. SO after lunch we decided to check out the bookstore and get some more touristy shots. So spanish steps and and Trevi fountain.
















By this stage my waterproof boots are no longer waterproof. They are currently trying to dry upstairs. Dinner was from the supermarket, the one under the train station.
Home to chill the wine with some snow and a bag. I mean you have to improvise if you cant buy cold wine or ice, use the snow.




All in all another great day but will be glad to get to florence, if it is possible. Might go book seats tomorrow so we are sure we have a seat. It is supposed to be sunny over the next few days.
Got the photos working.

No comments:

Post a Comment