Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sat & sun combined

It s a combined blog today as well not much happened over the weekend. Sat we got out of bed late due to getting to bed late. We met some of the other students and a teacher at San Lorenzo church for a tour. All of these tours and other activities are in italian just in case you are wondering and yes most of the time we can get the general idea of what they are saying. After the tour it was lunch time. We tried out the place next door to where we live with two other students and had pizza and a glass of wine for 6 euro. Not bad at all.
Time to return home and do some homework. It is getting a bit harder but that is ok. Than nap time (to recover from the night before, we are old remember). We stayed in Sat night and brett cooked a lovely meal and I chose to have no wine. I know hard to believe. The problem then was that I had had a nap and a diet coke, I was up till 12.00. I was playing on the internet and watching italian tv which was a couple of american kids movies so that was fun.

Sunday was up and off to the Uffizi. We were there for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. I enjoyed the statues and some of the paintings but there are just so many of them. So many. We went with one of the other students who is in beginners class at school.

Time for lunch and after lunch washing time. We have a machine here but the problem is that it outside and well we can't use it cause the pipes are frozen so we have to go the wash and dry without the dry. Gotta save those dollars for more important things.

Tonight we are going out with the other students from our class for dinner. Hopefully an early night as we have class tomorrow. Listen to me I sound like a uni student. Although if I was a uni student I would have way less money and probably be out all night drinking and not really worry about class.

So hope you all had a lovely weekend and it is almost time for some of you to go to work (hee hee). Would love to hear from you. I am reading Jess's blog and cant wait for each episode. Hope she is having as much fun as I am.


Italiano time
For those of you trying to read this. This is my really bad attempt at italian. I hope you can understand but it is important for me to try and write something everyday even if it isn't technically correct. So Francesco if Fiona is reading this out to you I am sorry and to all my other class mates back home. Sorry but I am getting better.


Ciao tutti
Stiamo bene. Questo weekend un pocco lentemente. E prima settimana da quando siamo andati. Questo la settimana e molto occupata con cose da scuola and altre attiviate.

Oggi e Domenica e siami andati a Uffizzi. Penso che un altre tempo ma
"we knows art". Mi piace i statue perche posso apprezzare il lavoro.

Sta sera andremo con i classi per la cena. No lo so dove.

Arriverderci.

M





Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Piazza del Duomo,Florence,Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment