Friday, February 24, 2012

Where we live

Hi
It is Friday today and our last class for the week. I love Fridays, here and at home. It means the weekend is here. It means no homework tonight and we can have wine with lunch. We went with some friends from class to this little place for lunch. It is small but the food is awesome and cheap and the wine the same.

After lunch as it was such a beautiful day it was time to tackle the church (duomo). Ok you all know of my love of heights, but I was determined to give this a go. Now the stairs are on the inside and they go up and up. To start with I was uncomfortable but not too bad. You go up and up and up and then you come out at the top of the dome on the inside. Ok now it was time to panic. I had to get from one side to the other. Now there is railing and also perplex glass that goes up and above me so there is no way I could fall or anything else. Let me say it took a very very very long time to get to one side to the other. I was not a happy camper at all. Lucky it wasn't very busy. I let a few people past. Brett was on the other side trying to be patient with me. I eventually got to the other side only to discover the only way down was up. I hate that shit. I mean come on there has to be a better way. Ok up we went to the next level (still not quite at the top) we come out at the next level. Now let me say that it is beautiful, the view is just of the church on the inside and of the ceiling. Now to make the choice to go up or go around and down. I wish I could say I was brave enough to keep going up but alas no I chose not to go any further (one day). Brett took the camera and went to the top.
I slowly (very very slowly) made my way around the next level to the exit on the other side. I was standing at the beginning of the way around talking with the italian man. He was saying that I had nothing to worry about because the church had been there for 500 years or so and it wasn't going to fall down. I said I know I know but it doesn't make it any easier. I watched all of the people just casually walking around and quickly walking from one place to another as I slide along the wall as far away from the edge as possible. I am surprised there is anything left of my jacket. I eventually made it to the other side and going down was so much easier. I did get a great view out of one of the windows but not as good as brett. So here are some photos from Brett at the top and on a beautiful winters day in Florence.




















Hooter made it to the top but wasn't able to make it to the outside. Brett said the views were amazing.

It was such a great day today and I am glad I tried to get to the top. Back to school for a movie and then some shopping for me and home for Brett.

I still have a couple of things to pick up but over all a successful shopping evening (yes Anna it was at a book store) and home for wine and dinner and a slide show of our holidays so far.



Ciao tutti
Oggi e stata an altra bellissimo giornata. Per la scuola oggi abbiamo fatto una gita ai mercato. Quando siamo tornati in classe abbiamo dovito rispondere ad alcune domande.

Dopo classe siamo andati ai pranzo e E buonissimo. Dopo pranzo siamo andati il duomo. La visita era bellissimo.

Domani andremo a Lucca.

Saluti








Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Piazza di San Giovanni,Florence,Italy

No comments:

Post a Comment