Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Reims we love

Our hotel is well weird. Breakfast was a croissant between us and some bread with jam and butter - that was it.

The internet well works when it wants to. We did discover this afternoon if you sit in the cafe part of hotel it works fine. However we only discovered this as I said this afternoon.

Our colds have gotten worse so today wasn't a big day which is a shame as this place is lovely. We found McDonalds and bought egg and bacon muffins so we could eat and also to use the internet. Brett was able to call home and find his dad is doing so much better.

An hour or so later we left to wander the streets, found a lovely church. While they all look the same, big and grande, sometimes it is nice going in.

Not that Brett's dad will read this but we have been lighting candles in every church we have gone into for him. So I think god is listening. I mean we have been in some impressive churches so he must be there.




Don't let that blue sky fool you as the weather is still really cold. The church was nice. We were fading fast and thought that maybe a small lunch and then go home for a nap.

Found this cafe and we went in for roasted chicken and fries with salad as this was their special of the day. However what we ordered was completely different. OMG yum. Actually I don't think I have had anything bad here in France.




They are called Flammekeuches. I don't know what this means but maybe it means some sort of yummy pizza but not normal pizza. They were awesome.

By this time it was off to the pharmacy. Interesting as we don't speak french but needed to ask for some cold tablets. We found someone who spoke some english and between them and my french travel book we were able to get what we wanted. I said to Brett that I wasn't really tied but we would go home take the tablets and just lay down. Well 5 minutes after laying down I was out to it. I think I slept like 2 hours.

A lovely sleep later and time to try and book our next accommodation. Frustrating when the internet works when it wants to in our room. So it was my turn to go talk to the the french man. Just in case I took my ipad and well downstairs in the cafe part it works perfect. So then I had to ring Brett via skype to tell him to come down with credit card.

Since we were there it seemed rude not to order a drink. It was very nice as they were all sitting around playing cards etc and they asked us if we wanted a drink, how can you say no.

So hotel booked, drink drunk back upstairs for more relaxing. There was a place across the road so off we went to have one last drink before we leave the north.

This place was perfect. What a great way to finish our stay in the north of france. The owner was so nice. We started with a champagne and then had a red wine. It was shame that they close at 9pm or otherwise we would still be there.

It had such a lovely atmosphere and the peope were great. It wasn't very busy but that was perfect.
















The lights hanging down are cans (tins) made into lights and they have photoframes on the ceiling, so cool.




It is the place to the left with the outside structure. Such a great idea.

As I lay in bed writing this I can here all the noises of the building. Next door is having a shower. Upstairs is doing something not really sure what. I will have to go down the stairs nearer to the cafe part to send this so you get it.

I think we have to come back to France which I now a certain someone will very happy about. It is completely different to what we expected.



Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Reim France

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet that you have been lighting candles for Brett's dad. I'm not catholic, but lit a candle for him at the cathedral here. Hopefully we will catch god on the rounds and make sure that Brett's dad gets the attention he deserves :)

    Hope you are both feeling better soon...

    ReplyDelete