Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday time in Bordeaux

Sunday is a day of rest, for not only us but also for all of Bordeaux. There aren't many places open. It was a slow start and we didn't leave the room till almost 11.30.

We bought a ticket for the tram and rode it for an hour just to see where it went. Well imagine we were on a bus in Brisbane and you went through the suburbs that how exciting it was. However it was raining so it was the perfect day.

Some of you have asked for more photos of Bordeaux (Anna). So here you are. I made sure I took more photos today.







Brett trying to work out where to go. By this stage though I was hungry and my whole aim was to eat. Now you will be proud of me as it was 1:30.





This is the main shopping street in Bordeaux and as you can see it is almost empty. Yesterday you couldn't move for people. Everything seems to be closed on a Sunday.

We eventually found another lovely restaurant. Now I didn't take a photo of the entree (foi grais) or the main, steak and salad (yumee) but I did for dessert.



Sorry Brett's is a bit blury, my fault. It was little cakes that they make in Bordeaux and then a glass of Cognac.




Mine were profiteroles filled with some sort of icecream covered in chocolate sauce. All three courses for the lovely price of 20 euro each.

In this photo this shop is now an asian cafe but see the sign at the top, Brett is pointing to that you could get a phak (pronunced we think f..k hee hee).




Here are some photos from around town.





















The evening was spent in an English pub not great as it is supposed to be an english pub but it is run by french people. So we had wine and a beer ith nachos. Then left there walked across the bridge to the central pub, that is what it is called and had another drink. God my wine so bloody awful.

Back home to write to all of you lovely people. Have a nice start to the week.

Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Bordeaux France

1 comment:

  1. Please send me your profiteroles immediately! ...I think I drooled a little on the keyboard looking at those.

    ReplyDelete