Tuesday, January 10, 2012

OMG

OMG how do i start or finish this blog. Julie K can you pass on to David Potter a big fat thank you as we have just got back from our cooking class, which consisted of 3 people two of which you know. It was amazing. Anyway should start at the beginning. Today was a bit of a relax in the morning and we didn't get out of the house until lunch time. Went looking for this restaurant I had read about but it was closed so we kept searching. We walked past this place stuck our head in but we were both scared as it was very busy. I don't remember feeling this when we went to italy for the first time (I am sure we did). We walked on and then decided that that place is where we wanted to it. We walked in with big smiles and Bonjour. I had practiced my - I would like a table for 2 in french but they seated us and they were amazing. The food was fantastic. I love duck and it is everywhere here and cheap. So i had duck pasta and brett had pork with something. OMG people it was lovely. It was a busy little bistro but we didn't feel pressured, they made us feel welcome and I even practiced my very basic, very bad french. We waddled out of there and well didn't have to be anywhere till 5pm. We walked to the 4 story underground shopping centre and bought brett a bag and then wandered around for abit and headed home for an hour or so. I know brett now has a european metro man handbag. Some more sightseeing.





We headed home for a rest and some Merlin later we headed off to our cooking class. OK, let me restate OMG. We find out there are only 3 of us for the cooking class. John from america who is living in Paris with his wife and kids. He stays home to look after kids and his wife works. His wife purchased the cooking class for him for christmas. I had to tell brett how much the class was and well he had to sit down.


Constance was our chef for the night and she was everything a french person should be. Fun, cute and very informative. We had a fantastic night. I would say it is one of the best times I have had since being on holidays. Our menu for the evening was: Chicken liver on bread Duck breast with salad Salmon and lentil risotto Cheeses et Chocolate fountain cake (not sure of this is correct You start the class by going and buying all of the products. We headed to cheese shop first, no photos people I have seen much cheese before. However the cheese shop we bought from also sells their cheese to the President of France. We got a lesson in the different cheeses and where they are from and how they are made. Purchases were made and then onto the butcher. while we didn't have chook (we had duck) I had to take a photo as they sell the chooks with their feet on and this is to tell the different type of chooks. Some have black feet and some have orange feet. They are different and taste different.


We purchased our duck and then headed to the green grocer to pick up salad and some other things. Next was the fish shop to pick up the salmon. Bread store and then onto the cooking school. Brett was laughing as I was often walking in front but I didn't know where I was going. So the evening was so much fun and with only three people it was much more hands on then expected. Julie if you come to paris you have to do this cooking class. Lots of laughing, chucking off at each other. Lots of great food and wine and champagne (my favourite drink over here I think). John was awesome to hang out with and there was lots of laughs. Constance was amazing and even made some funny jokes in English. I can't say how much I enjoyed this class and Brett will agree with me it was a blast and it does change the way you see the french. Between the experience between lunch and this the french are a lovely people that really want you to experience their culture and food. Thank you everyone for an evening I won't be forgetting for some time. Here are some photos.














Now the food.


Chicken liver cooked with shallots and sweet wine and seasoning and served on bread. We were in the butcher and I made comment about how I had never had this so she bought some. As Julie would say - it changed my life


Duck breast with salad





Salmon with lentil risotto and mushrooms Cheese time


Let me say by this stage I was feeling rather full and this picture is just of my plate and not the plate they supplied. Just when I was starting to think how can I fit any more in and then well they brought out dessert.


Again how can I say how much fun this was. Lucky it was only 5 or so metro stops home and as I sit here feeling rather ill and well fat. May have to eat nothing but cereal tomorrow to rebalance. Another great day in Paris. Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Paris, France

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Just your photos have changed my life!!!!

    That's so awesome that you had a great time :) I've passed your BIG FAT THANK YOU on to David P...

    ReplyDelete
  2. David says "Thank you!!!!" and he reckons you'd have to be dead not to absolutely, thoroughly enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete