Sunday, January 15, 2012

OMG it is a real castle

Slow start today as we had a sleep in and a walk around town before Isabelle came to pick us up for another day with her and Gaetan. Here is a photo of where we are staying. Probably the most fanciest place we will stay this whole trip.




We were walking around town and when i took this photo below it was near 12:30 in the day. The shinny stuff on the top of the rock/sculture is frost. Yes people frost. This place is cold.



After a stop at her local bakery (let me say I am glad it is not mine or I would be very very big). It had so many nice things. Home to Isabelle's apartment. For lunch we started with foi gras (this is very nice and I found the correct way to prepare). After this she had prepared a veal casserole it it was very yummy with rice and bread. We had chocolate mousse from last night that was left over and they were wonderful.

We had to leave after lunch as we were going to Pierrefonds, this is a little town that has a castle. Now I haven't really seen a castle before. So when we got close to the town and I saw it for the first time i said "omg it is a real castle" and Isabelle thought this was so funny. It is a real Castle. She was trying to tell me that they sometimes film some kids show here and was explaining and holy shit they film Merlin there. I was beside myself. Couldn't get me out of the car fast enough and up the hill to the castle.








Brett stop being silly and get your head out of that lizard.



Me being a fair maiden in the castle.


These stairs are used in Merlin (yes merlin omg)





The time at the real castle went to quickly and before we knew it we had to leave. I was so glad that Isabelle took us here.

One of the highlights of the trip.

Next stop for the afternoon was meeting Isabelle's parents. I absolutely love these people. Her mum had prepared cakes and another dessert on really good china plates. There house is so lovely. They were so nice and they speak no english at all.

With the help of Isabelle translating and this was difficult because both of her parents where talking at once and she had to try and translate both of them for us. I have never felt so welcome. Brett and her dad had a discussion about where we should go for the rest of our holiday and Brett has come to some sort of conclusion. I will ask him in the morning.

Her mother knits a lot so i have now ended up with a whole new family travelling with me. You will have to wait and meet them on the journey. I have much more stuff to try and fit it in my bag. Out goes my pj bottoms. I wonder what else I can through out.












It was so lovely to meet them and I think I will have to learn to speak some french so I can speak with them. They were lovely, generous and I love them already.

Time to move on to dinner back at the apartment. But before we got there we had a quick stop at the school Isabelle teaches at. The classroom it smells the same as it does in Australia. The school is in a old castle (not as a big as the other one but a castle none the less). As we won't be meeting the children I left them a message from australia on their board for tomorrow morning.

Our last meal with Isabelle and Gaetan was canarde and potatoes roasted in duck fat.



Two home made tarts, which I now have several pieces to take with us on the train. I now have 5 new animals, chocolates, almonds the special way, a french bag to take with me.

I also have a lasting memory of such a great time with my french friend and her family and friends. If all french people are this nice and generous then the french nation has something to be proud of. It was hard to say goodbye only after two days but it has been two days that have made a very big difference in my life. I thank you Isabelle and Gaetan for welcoming us into your home, lives and family it has been so wonderful and I hope we can repay the favour one day.

I will miss you mon ami but we will keep in touch, no?



Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Soissons, France

1 comment:

  1. Haha anyone would think you like Merlin or something...

    ReplyDelete