Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Slow day

Today ended up being slow day. Up late, a bit of time taken talking to Brett's dad. He got out of hospital today and starts his road to recovery. He has done so well and we are very happy to have him home and safe.

A quick trip to the supermarket for breakfast so a few more phone call could be made without me starving.

OMG look at that it was lunch time. Now this was a hard decision to make as well it was our last day and didn't want to make the wrong decision and have bad meal on our last day.

we decided on a place on this side of the river. It overlooks the city, so the view was lovely. It started off well.





When we arrived there was no one and by the time we left it was full.




Entree was lovely and very simple. It is a goats cheese with some veggies ad two little parmesan biscuits. Nat I especially took this photo as a few restaurants server their entree's on shale tiles. Great idea. I might even use it for my next dinner party.

Main meal for me was good (not great) but it was a lovely light meal. Brett wasn't happy with his so much. So no photo from him.




Mine was salmon and another fish served on i am not sure what but I liked it.
While sitting admiring the view we saw this little fellow. I mean how cute and I made a joke that it was a rather large rat and it turned out I was right. It is about the size of a cat. It is some sort of water rat.





Desert was chocolate torte and that was lovely. The sun wasn't shinning so much today so well we strolled for a few hours and decided to go back to the room to rest some more. I know we should be very relaxed by the time we get home.

Tomorrow is the first and hopefully the last time we have to get up early to get anywhere. We have to be up by 5.30 to catch two trams and a bus to the airport. We are booked on to EasyJet.

So this made the decision about dinner tonight easy. We got takeaway, a 4 euro bottle of wine and dessert from supermarket and we are staying in.

It will be hard to leave Bordeaux, it has been fantastic to us. It is one of the most beautiful cities. It is however time to move onto the next place and well eat and drink more.

I think we look forward to the routine of Florence where we have to be at school by 9am and are there for 4 hours a day, then we will have homework and other activities. That will keep us busy for a month. However before then we have another 7 days of fab time in Lyon and 3 days in the eternal city.

Happy Australia day to you all and wish I was celebrating with you all. Notice I didn't say I wish I was there cause that would be lying. Until tomorrow.

Fiona if you are reading this we are getting into the swing of things by watching the game shows on the italian rai 1.
Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Bordeaux, France

1 comment: