Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On the road again

The night brought storms and high winds, so when we got up this morning to head off to Salisbury who would have thought it would be like driving on a rally track. Roads that were partially flooded. Rubbish blown into the middle of the road that you have to swerve to miss it. Some roads were closed to motorbikes and trucks as the wind speed was up in the 80 miles an hour.


Power lines down across the road, I mean what do you do for that, do you keep driving over them or do you stop. Lucky there was a van in front of us and it drove straight over the top so we followed but I was holding my breath and other things as we drove over it. Brett was so excited he had to stop for a bit. Can you spot Brett in there. Oh look there he is. I wonder what he was doing? We arrived into Salisbury, found our hotel. It is a pub and they have rooms. We have been given a family room, which means we have a bit more space (thank god). Nice size room. bed rating: good. Lunch and then a walk around town. We worked our way over to the Salisbury Cathedral. I am not religious but when I walked into this church, I felt like I knew where god was. I know it sounds a bit well weird but this Cathederal is amazing. We are going to do a free tour later in the week. Can you spot Brett? I know today is like spot wally but spot brett. I can't help it if he just keeps popping up. M&S feed us again tonight but this time it was a salad, meat and some cheese. No carbs. Bottle of wine though. Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Padstow - Salisbury England

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roads sounded scary!!! Nice to know you guys ended up at a pub :) Missing you heaps...and LOVING the blog...

    ReplyDelete