Thursday, January 5, 2012

Old Sarum and Brett's birthday

Brett's birthday today - 45. It is hard to imagine it only seems like yesterday that we headed over here for his 40th and here we are again. Today was a relaxing day as we had to drop the car off this afternoon so didn't want to go to far. Last night we were told about 'Old Sarum'. This is the site of the original town and the original place of St Mary's cathedral. Rain rain go away, oh wait it's gone. It may rain here a lot but just wait and then it goes away again. However the wind didn't it was blowing so hard there were some places I couldn't stand at as it was blowing so hard. This place would be the best historical (excluding Tower of London) site we have seen since being in England. Unfortunately the photos don't do it justice.











If you look closely you can just see Brett. Notice there is blue sky in the background. We parked the car in the pub grounds across the road from this place so of course we had to go in and have a beer. We got talking to an old guy in the pub and learnt how to grow different veggies, learnt some other interesting facts. Imparted the knowledge that no you can't buy alcohol in any shop in Australia, just in bottle shops. We had to drag ourselves away from this place as it was time to drop of the car. Waiting for the bus back into town after dropping off the car we were talking to this lady (as you do) and she said her father worked on the Sydney Harbour bridge. Interesting. Brett has just confirmed the fact. Time to start celebrating Brett's birthday so off to a late lunch.





A lovely lunch and a case of food envy for me as Brett's meal was way better than mine. It was a seafood platter and it had these prawns that were coated in coconut batter yummy. Back to the room for a rest before tonight. Oh some exciting news on my part. I have been chasing some PJ's over here. They call them Onesies. Not sure how to spell that but they are all in one pj.s.


OMG I found a pair. They were sort of in my size and in my favourite colours and on sale for 8 pound. OMG. Let me say they while they may be comfortable I will never ever get lucky wearing these. Dinner at our hotel and then a quick drink and then a walk around town, another visit to a pub. In this photo brett is counting how old he is.


I think I have found a job for you Leonie. Someone needs to travel all over England, documenting the pubs and food etc. Are you up for the challenge? Tomorrow is our last full day in England. I can't believe the time has gone so quickly. On Saturday we head off to Paris. Love Monique, Brett, Marty, Kiwi and Hooter

Location:Salisbury,United Kingdom

3 comments:

  1. OK...Lar can have the pubs and food in London...but I will take the job in Paris!! :) WOOOTTT!!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRETT!!! I hope you had an awesome one!!!

    Funny thing...as soon as I saw the photo of your magnificent onesies I thought...JESUS no one's getting lucky in those...and then you wrote it!!! LOVE IT!!! -- Sounds like a challenge to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! (had to wait until I was home to write on here) ... hope you had a great day & that all the sniffles have gone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a tough job, but someone's got to do it!

    ReplyDelete